We are currently looking for a new member for our HSE team.
At Ron Lee Construction we are always looking for dynamic individuals who are experts in their fields to be part of our winning team.
Project Management Team:
The Project Management Team is where strategy and execution come together. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, are detailed oriented and work well with all different personalities than this is the place for you.
Health and Safety & Environmental Team:
We are currently looking for a new member of our HSE team:
As a key member of the Ron Lee Construction team, you will be committed to developing a Healthy and Safe work environment for all of our team members. This role will appeal to a “highly motivated”, educated, certified Health and Safety Professional who is passionate about supporting and driving a culture of safety within the construction industry. You will be responsible to provide consultation on occupational H&S issues including developing and maintaining a safe work environment; interpreting and promoting compliance with health and safety legislation; providing health and safety training; conducting health and safety audits and workplace inspections, investigations of health and safety incidents.
- Conduct and track orientations
- Complete all reporting requirements as directed by management and or clients
- Recommend, schedule and maintain training requirements and records for company personnel as required
- Perform project specific inspection complete with documentation
- Report Safety infractions to front line supervisors
- Monitor the implementation of corrective actions
- Monitor sub-trade safety performance (sub-trade safe work practices and job hazard analysis)
- Supervise the accident investigation program ensuring accurate information and identifying root causes
- Complete internal & external HSE audits
- Maintain statistics regarding health and safety incidents and accidents. Analyzes statistics to determine trends as well as advise on proactive solutions
- Conduct JHSC meetings as required
- Develop and submit comprehensive safety policies and procedure
- Perform one formal work site inspection per week, at minimum
- Verify that corrective actions identified during inspections are implemented
- Develop site specific safety plans, Construction environmental plans, etc. as required and submit for approval
- Development of ERP for owned yards, sites, and locations
- Complete the IHSA COR audits as required
- Provide information to project staff on applicable health, safety, and environment legislation requirements
- Supervise the accident investigation program ensuring accurate information, reporting and identifying root causes
- Other duties as required
Required Professional Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety – NCSO preferred
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to coach, develop and facilitate health and safety programs and policies
- Three or more years of full-time experience as a OH&S practitioner, preferably in construction industry
- Flexibility and willingness to travel within Ontario as required
- Good communication, organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to deliver presentations on safety awareness/topics
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook
- Experience with the COR program and compliance
- Ability to determine the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines
Ron Lee Construction is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our HSE Management Team provides coordination and monitoring to ensure the health and safety of our workers, clients and the environment. We strongly believe that every success project starts with the understanding of safety. At Ron Lee Construction “Safety is more than a Priority, it’s what defines us” if you can relate to this philosophy than this is the place for you.
Our Administration Team manages the activities of our day to day organization. From financial planning, record keeping, payroll, billing to HR, our team ensures that we operate with efficiency. If you are organized, possess good communication skills, are able to multi task and enjoy working in a positive team environment, this is the team for you.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Ron Lee team.